*SEE a more Just Durham for All where we work together towards Equity for All:
Creating Policies that foster Economic Growth & Stability for all Neighborhoods of Durham.
- Build strong, vibrant neighborhoods that provide a diverse mix of housing and business options.
- Support for nontraditional and traditional entrepreneurship for access to living wage jobs
- Use equity driven strategies that ensure existing residents can stay in the community as neighborhood markets revive and distressed neighborhoods are stabilize.
- Create opportunities to save and build assets to increase community health and stability.
Developing Land Use Policies that support Equitable Development & Environmental Justice.
- Small area growth land use planning used to drive public and private development both in housing and commercial markets.
- Supporting new development that meets the needs of residents, the business community and creates healthy community environments, where our city wins.
- Use transit-oriented development and smart growth strategies to support balanced growth across the city.
Supporting Transportation Policies that ensure Equitable access housing around transportation hubs to ensure access to transportation.
- Supports current and future growth along with housing options for residents across the city to build land banks to preserve affordability
- Create opportunities for equitable development and planning with equity for all in mind.
Assuring Community Health & Safety for all in every Durham community.
- Using an equity lens to address the disparity in the main determinants of health relate to where you live, work, or play and the color of your skin.
- Implement tools to reduce environmental risk and build health-promoting neighborhoods to engage residents and stakeholders in accessing health care and healthy food.
*Image: camphPSSP – From the Margins to the Middle: D.I.Y. Health Equity Kit